Sr Manager, Publicity (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 746004BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Feb. 07, 2020
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Marketing is the global marketing arm of The Walt Disney Studios. Our business is responsible for the creative advertising, research, media, publicity and promotion of every movie released theatrically by the Walt Disney Studios – Disney Live Action, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Disney Animation, Pixar, Disneynature, 20thCentury Fox, and Blue Sky Studios. And we’re now excited to add to our portfolio, support of our new streaming service, Disney+.
Our Global Publicity team is seeking a Sr. Manager, Publicity Press (Print/Digital) who will report into the VP leading the East and West coast publicity press and photo operations.
NOTE: This is an 8 month temporary assignment
- Leads the day to day relationship with top tier print press for Walt Disney Studios Theatrical window and Disney+, streaming
- Develop and maintain the relationship for the studio with top tier print press
- Manage print outlet pitching and execution for – not limited to – premieres, junkets, events, appearances, reviews and top tier pier debuts
- Manage content coordinator for assets related to print PR support
- Identifies and strategically selects coverage for talent appearances
- Manage art requests and pitching to print outlets
- Update and maintain reports, including automated systems
- Develops strong relationships with key outlets, including long lead magazine, weekly magazines, daily newspapers
- 5+ years experience in Entertainment (preferably film marketing).
- 5+ years experience in a professional online marketing environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Organized and have a great eye for detail. Great follow-up a must
- Thrive in working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to work extended hours and sometimes weekends
- Demonstrate the ability to be proactive and resourceful
- Able to juggle many different projects in various degrees of completion at the same time
- Self-Starter, collaborative and able to work independently and as a team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.