Sr Manager, Standards and PracticesApply NowApply Later Job ID 771425BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 05, 2021
- Review commercial and programming content to ensure compliance with relevant law and Network policies and guidelines.
- Evaluate advertiser claims (and substantiation) for truthfulness and accuracy.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with Network and external advertising executives and agencies to make sure that advertising is tastefully executed and appropriately scheduled; counsel and work with business unit attorneys.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Engage, and lead other team members, in accomplishing multiple organizational projects.
- Must be able to analyze complex data and communicate the conclusions to colleagues and industry representatives.
- Should be able to discuss issues analytically and be capable of providing insight and guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Responsibilities to include operation of broadcast delay mechanism for live programming. Willingness to work on weekend and holiday assignments.
- Working knowledge, familiarity and interest in working with clinical research, consumer perception studies and or/statistics; working knowledge, familiarity and interest in working with statistics, advertising, regulatory affairs/legal (FDA, FTC and FCC) or media experience; excellent analytical, negotiating and communication skills required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a role demonstrating exceptional writing ability, attention to detail and interaction with multiple stakeholders.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented self-starter with critical thinking skills and able to work a flexible schedule in accordance with production needs.
- Experience in broadcast standards, research or related fields
Required EducationBA/BS degree
Preferred EducationJD, Masters/Advanced degree or background in marketing, legal, social science, research or communications preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.