Sr Manager, Technology OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725527BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 21, 2019
The Media Operations Department at Disney Streaming Services consists of agile and responsive teams of technicians that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand streaming video products. The department’s responsibilities consist of round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.
Responsibilities:The Senior Manager, Technical Operations will lead efforts to work with the Commerce team to gather an understanding of how those workflows function. As a subject matter expert, they will also find ways to use that knowledge to assist the Media Operations team, through education and visibility via monitoring tools, as well as aiding in escalations of incidents.
- Has advanced understanding in data synthesis and processing from origination to completion
- Can speak authoritatively around Commerce and Services mechanics with a clear and complete understanding of both of these disciplines
- Ability to inspect wide-ranging data sets with a focus on incident resolution
- Provides detailed investigative feedback utilizing detailed knowledge of key proprietary applications
- Mastered troubleshooting techniques and thinks creatively about solutions to complex data problems
- Delivers on routine and non-routine decisions around technical issues by combining accumulated experience and knowledge with inspected data-sets.
- 8-10 years of experience in a technical field
- 2-4 years of experience in a Managerial role
- Subject matter expert knowledge of technological components utilized by this organization
- Certified or has exhibited equivalent competency in cloud computing or analytical discipline
- Fundamental understanding of programming languages and databases
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.