Sr Media Delivery Operations Specialist (LIVE)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 876570BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 16, 2021
Hulu’s Content Operations team is seeking a Senior Media Delivery Operation Specialist who will be an exceptional addition to our Live TV operations team. As a Senior Media Delivery Operation Specialist for Live TV operations at Hulu, you will serve as a senior technical support point of contact for Live TV operations, drive effective incident management to identify, investigate, and resolve trending issues within the Live TV service, and partner with multiple teams to automate tasks and scale operational efficiency. The right person for this role is experienced with live streaming operations and has a strong familiarity with sports leagues and sports programming. If you are a logical problem solver who thrives on new challenges, is driven to improve operational effectiveness, can troubleshoot on the fly, excels in cross-team collaboration, is highly organized, and has strong communication skills, then this is a great role for you.
- Function as tier-2 support for Hulu's Broadcast Operations Center, including troubleshooting advanced metadata and signal issues, planning for and executing against key events, applying and enforcing programming rights and schedules, and leading incident management
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to drive continuous improvement in tools and workflows by evaluating effectiveness, crafting new feature requests, writing requirements, and performing User Acceptance Testing as needed
- Ensure quality reporting for channel / signals health data to key partners
- Ensure metadata integrity by auditing and evaluating against quality standards, fixing as needed
- “Roll your sleeves up” to assist with daily operational duties, ad hoc projects, monitoring, etc. as needed
- Perform 24/7 on-call duties at least 1 week per month, as part of team rotation
- 4+ years experience in live streaming/OTT operations
- Strong sports knowledge that facilitates quick, informed decisions about sports content (blackouts, extensions, metadata, etc.)
- Excellent technical skills, including reading APIs, swagger docs, XML/JSON objects, and an ability to quickly pick up on new technical skills
- Strong understanding of live video streaming technology (codecs, ABR formats including HLS and DASH, SCTE-224/35 schedule and signaling data, transport / delivery tech, etc.)
- Strong project management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects at one time without need for constant oversight
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Able to make decisions and build workflows based on data, in pursuit of continuous improvement to process and efficiency
- Incident Management experience
- Experience with logging/monitoring software such as Kibana and DataDog ∙ Basic BASH or Python scripting ability
- Experience constructing complex SQL and database queries
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methods
Additional Information:Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.