Sr. Network Engineer
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 679254BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted 20/06/2019
- Provide critical network and desktop support to Broadway and US Touring shows
- Support wired and wireless networks for Broadway shows and DTG offices working closely with administrative staff, production crew, cast, merchandise teams and theatrical vendors
- SME for Technical Services provided to Disney Theatrical Group encompassing intimate knowledge of various groups as well as an understanding of applications used and specialized workflows
- Design, build and support temporary networks during Productions’ tech periods in a variety of locations around the world
- Work with presenting partners to ensure all technical aspects of DTG’s tours are upheld
- Partner with key Enterprise IT teams to ensure that security alerts, remediation efforts, downtimes (both emergency and planned), patch installations, new equipment installations, etc. will be effectively handled
- Perform hands-on repair of equipment and maintenance/installation of infrastructure
- Maintain and update images of MacOS and Windows computers
- Provide Level 2 coverage on in-house help desk and assist Help Desk Analyst with larger issues
- Manage ISP vendors and work with them to provide most efficient and cost-saving solutions
- Partner with other members of the DTG IT team to provide support and guidance for their projects
- Train users in complex topics, and interact positively with upper management and executive staff
- 5-10 years’ experience in providing IT support to executives and/or live production environments.
- 6+ years’ experience supporting users on Macintosh OS X and higher AND Microsoft Windows 10+ environment
- Experience with Cisco LAN/WAN networking including wireless networks
- Fundamental understanding of routing and switching
- Experience with documenting workflows and networks
- Familiarity with security protocols and practices
- Knowledge of SQL, FileMaker Pro, and other database tools
- Knowledge of basic command line tools (SSH, scp, rsync, etc.)
- Knowledge of SCCM and Casper
- Knowledge of AD and Exchange management
- Experience with Windows and Macintosh versions of the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Experience with video conferencing hardware and software (Polycom, BlueJeans, etc.)
- Understand business operations to strategically deploy technical solutions
- Previous experience overseeing exec support or production environment
Soft Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Capable of following and composing process and procedure documentation
- Superior customer service focus as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving/decision making skills including conflict and first call resolution.
- Prior experience in a live entertainment or theatre production environment strongly preferred
- Strong vendor management skills
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:DTP is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.