Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Product DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 699009BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 12, 2019
About the role Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch sports, movies and television. Fans demand content on their own terms: anywhere, anytime on any device. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible.
We are looking for a senior product designer to join our growing design practice. This designer can identify the needs of real users and iterate through sketching, prototyping and testing until they arrive at a solution that exceeds user expectations. Your influence will not only have a major impact on this team, but collectively, your work will be used and adored by millions worldwide.
Responsibilities:Our Ideal Senior Product Designer Will...
● Follow a user-centered design process, understanding real users motivations, behaviors and goals.
● Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
● Rapidly produce multiple solutions using sketches, wireframes and prototypes while instinctively knowing the proper level of detail to present to communicate your point of view while remaining optimally efficient.
● Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy.
● Partner with researchers to validate your solutions and practice evidence based design.
● Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
● Actively participate in feedback loops from design crits to stakeholder reviews to 1:1s
● Contribute to our internal processes: design systems, prototyping toolkits, research playbook
Basic Qualifications:Our Ideal Senior Product Designer Is:
● Collaborative, working well within a team environment, while also able to function as an individual contributor with self-direction and accountability
● Adaptable and receptive to design feedback
● Comfortable speaking with internal stakeholders, with strong interpersonal skills
● Strategic and thinking about how their work solves user, team and business needs
● Focused and detail-oriented, carefully reviewing your work at all stages
● Proactive in communicating and documenting project progress, status, and workload
● A systems thinker, looking towards building sustainable and scalable solutions through reusable design patterns and libraries
● Up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies, eager to learn and share with the design tea
Our Ideal Senior Product Designer Has:
● 5+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies
● A portfolio showcasing your process for problem-solving and interaction design
● Experience designing for multiple platforms, particularly connected devices, a huge plus
● Experience creating minimum viable products, utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
● Expert skills in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Abstract, Zeplin
● Proficiency with prototyping (Principle, Framer, Proto.io) and animation (After Effects) software a plus
● Proficiency in HTML/CSS a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong conceptual and design sense, and able to execute across a range of digital experiences
● Bachelor’s degree in design or related field required
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.