Sr Product Manager, Content Distribution
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 735515BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 07/01/2020
Responsible for developing the product, design, documentation, and implementation of systems (within a specific focus) that align to meet the overall business need of having a robust global media distribution platform across multiple Disney brands. This role leads the Company's development teams in delivering and supporting world-class systems that enhance the customer experience, reduce operating costs, and support various business operations. Create and execute against business strategies to achieve desired business results. Interacts with top management, vendors, and decision-makers to build relationships and influence decisions
- Own the customer QoE experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint % of Time
- Be an enthusiastic learner - users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Drive results and growth
- Orchestrate new innovation in the areas of content distribution
- Ensure the effectiveness of Development & Engineering function
- Creates strategic business plans
- Achieve Distribution objectives.
- Discerns which new technologies to incorporate into the Software Development &
- Engineering program. Executes change and new standards and policies affecting the design, development, and deployment of software engineering and web applications solutions.
- Recommends organization-wide software engineering performance and service standards.
- Coordinates all program activities with other divisions inside Disney
- Participates with other leaders in determining business strategies affecting the Media
- Distribution function
- Provides regular executive briefings to corporate and field executives on program direction and status
- Negotiates for resources at top management, ensuring that division(s) have the necessary resources, training, and staff to achieve their strategic and operational goals
- Builds and enhances important internal and external relationships.Manages vendors; negotiates contracts
- Creates and manages a program of continual productivity improvement within the organization
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Bachelors degree in engineering or computer science
- 7+ years related experience in product management in direct to consumer business or comparable field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.