Senior Solutions Manager
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 735515BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 07, 2020
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Interested in being part of the change the way people watch TV? The Media Distribution department is seeking an experienced individual to help us further develop innovative digital video business opportunities for customers. Disney+ continues to change the way people watch movies and TV shows, with over amazing titles, stories and technology available on-demand to mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected PCs, Macs, TVs, Blu-ray players and set-top-boxes.
As a Senior Solutions Delivery Manager in Media Distribution, you will help define and build the video playback and distribution roadmap and customer experience for video across all platforms and geographies. You will participate in crafting our next generation video distribution strategy and vision, and develop product roadmaps to execute on that vision. This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, content acquisition, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience.
We are looking for someone with experience in one or more areas of core video playback (encoding, delivery, live broadcast, ads insertion, client playback), who is highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and has the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will also have a consistent track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Disney+ customer, both existing and potential.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
- Own the development of detailed product requirements documents.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap and craft documentation and deployment strategies.
- Experience operating and delivering results in a consumer facing mobile app/services product management or similar role.
- Experience in one or more areas of core video (encoding, delivery, client playback, ads insertion).
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition, feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product, end to end product delivery.
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
- Experience in delivering mobile products and services in a high growth environment.
- Experience owning Internet distribution heavy customer facing products using CDNs
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
- A passion for digital video and/or media.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.