Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Product Manager, Content SecurityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 635985BR Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 09, 2019
Your mission is to define and execute product roadmaps for all aspects of content security, including multi-DRM (both service and client), usage restrictions, fraud detection, monitoring, and reporting. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution of this core mission, you will work closely with counterparts in engineering, product management, and executive teams to ensure the product fulfills business, technical, and consumer priorities. You manage a team of product managers responsible for specific facets of the ecosystem and will identify resource needs while digging in yourself. You and your team will have a primary role in defining the media product roadmap, and will drive it.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Work with stakeholders to establish and identify product goals and define product roadmap and KPIs
- Successfully achieve product objectives, managing through challenges
- Collaborate with UX and UI design teams to define and prototype user-facing product experiences
- Partner with Disney Streaming Services engineering teams to identify new product and process opportunities to drive the best possible media experience for viewers, within the constraints of devices, consumer environments, and available technology
- Take a data driven approach to constantly improve media products - devise measurement and reporting frameworks and processes to communicate status to neighbors and stakeholders, as appropriate to each
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process
- You 5-7 years experience in product management in one or more aspects of live and/or VOD media streaming
- You have strategic insight into the current video streaming landscape, with an understanding of and strong opinions on current trends
- You have demonstrated success leading a team in achieving ambitious short, medium and long-term goals
- You are a strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence and engage senior executives
- You have demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations
- You have a strong high-level technical understanding of all aspects of streaming media, including supply chain and playback
- You have technical familiarity with ABR streaming technologies and player mechanics
- You have a strong understanding of common QoE metrics and their use in a product context
- You provide strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- You obsess about making customers happy and have strong opinions about good customer experience
- You bring a strong attention to detail, with an ability take a step back and understand the bigger picture
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You’re scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
- You’ve demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
- You have video player product management experience
- You have direct video software development or engineering management experience
- You are technical familiarity with DAI and DRM.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.