Sr. Product Manager, Digital Ad Sales Business Intelligence
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771660BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 15, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Technology organization enables enterprise-wide consumer technology and data capabilities to deliver on the promise of more direct consumer relationships, personalized product experiences and more active engagement with content and advertising. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.
The Senior Product Manager individual is responsible for understanding key business stakeholders' needs and translating them into product requirements that align with the strategic vision set forth by the Business Intelligence team within DMED Technology. This role specifically supports the Digital Ad Sales program area, supporting Disney Ad Sales and corresponding Finance / Accounting teams.
- Builds and grooms professional relationships with business stakeholders to understand their information-based needs and priorities
- Mentors and collaborates with other product managers to define business intelligence products to meet business needs and priorities
- Gathers and synthesizes detailed product requirements that align to strategic product road maps, for review and approval from business stakeholders
- Advocates for business needs with product and engineering partners, ensuring products and their features are clearly understood and documented
- Manages product requirements throughout the engineering lifecycle and engages business stakeholders to confirm, clarify, and/or validate when appropriate
- Engages business stakeholders for user acceptance testing, product demonstrations, and go-to-market activities (i.e., product training, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a product management role, specifically for business intelligence and/or analytics projects/initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and interviewing skills
- Strong written documentation and presentation skills, using the Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with work management and documentation tools, preferably Jira and Confluence
- Working knowledge of various business intelligence tools such as BusinessObjects, Microstrategy, Looker, Tableau, Qlikview, etc.
- Bachelors degrees in at least one of the following disciplines, or relevant work experience: Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management
- Experience working for a large-scale media company, specifically with Advertising Sales, Finance, and/or Research organizations
- SQL knowledge
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.