Sr. Product Manager, Digital BI
New York, New York, United States; Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 815789BR Location New York, New York, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 22, 2021
Job Summary:DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, data operations, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for understanding key business stakeholders' needs and translating them into product requirements that align with the strategic vision set forth by the Business Intelligence team within the DMED Ad Platforms technology team. Working with high performing group that is dedicated to helping business partners drive business decisions with data - this role specifically supports the Digital Ad Sales program area, for all Disney Ad Sales brands. . The ideal candidate can identify business value, solve complex problems, concisely articulate solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders and ultimately drive results. In addition, this individual will be responsible for helping lead the integration of the organization’s Programmatic business within the program. This is an exciting opportunity that is dedicated to growing a program that is the backbone and driver of decision making and strategy for the Disney Digital Ad Sales Business.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of onboarding and scaling a complex programmatic data program with various teams across Ad Sales and Ad Platforms.
- Ability to quickly identify risks, resolve key blockers and establish appropriate resolution paths.
- Collaborate with other product managers to help define requirements for business intelligence products to meet business needs
- Advocates for business needs with product and engineering partners, ensuring products and their features are clearly understood and documented
- 5+ years of product management experience, highly preferred from established technology or digital media company
- At least 1-3 years of programmatic media and data experience with an understanding of SSPs, DSPs and/or ad exchanges
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and interviewing skills
- Ability to influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a sophisticated, always-changing environment
- Strong written documentation and presentation skills, using the Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Hands on experience and expertise with SQL
- Ability to put on your analyst cap and get “dirty in the data” in order to understand and tell the story to a variety of audiences
- Experience with work management and documentation tools, preferably Jira, Confluence, and Roadmunk
- Working knowledge of various business intelligence tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Business Objects, Looker, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in at least one of the following disciplines, or relevant work experience: Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Economics
- Experience working for a large-scale media or technology company, specifically with Advertising Sales, Finance, and/or Research organizations
- 2-3 years of digital advertising experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.