Sr. Product Manager, Digital BI
New York, New York, United States / Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 953560BR Location New York, New York, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 18, 2022
Job Summary:The Ad Platform Digital Ad Sales Business Intelligence team is seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager who will be a key addition to a growing product team. This is a critical role that will strengthen a team of skilled Product Managers that are responsible for delivering data products and solutions for stakeholders across the Disney Ad Sales organization. This individual will be a key ingredient to help the team build out Disney’s Ad Sales advertising and data analytics platform. The ideal candidate can identify business value, solve complex problems, concisely articulate solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders and ultimately drive results. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that is passionate about data and is looking to spearhead monumental change within one of most important ingredients that helps drive the Disney Ad Sales business.
- Execute on product strategy and plan for core areas of the advertising data and analytics platform
- Work with our platform and analytics engineering teams to drive the strategy and implementation details, keeping stakeholder needs at the forefront.
- Responsible for product prioritization, including value identification, cost savings and progress against the broader business strategy, within your specific area
- Contribute to product roadmap ownership areas and drive delivery of advertising data and analytics initiatives, aligning stakeholders and driving results
- Ability to quickly identify risks, resolve key blockers and establish appropriate resolution paths.
- Provides support to team members throughout the Digital BI Analytics Product group through the proactive analysis of data relationships, concepts and availability across all Ad Sales Platforms
- Collaborate with other product managers to help define requirements for business intelligence products to meet business needs
- Hold a deep compassion for our users, and creatively tackle problems with a viewer-first mentality
- Support evaluation and recommend investments to maximize the financial results of the product portfolio
- Enumerate and identify clear business critical metrics for setting annualized objectives and partnering with GTM and financial planning to meet them
- Advocates for business needs with product and engineering partners, ensuring products and their features are clearly understood and documented
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of technical product management, product management, or engineering experience, highly preferred from an established technology or digital media company
- Working knowledge of various business intelligence tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Business Objects, Looker, etc.
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating trade-offs and new opportunities with engineering team members
- Ability to provide architectural guidance and direction, strong judgement especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments and near term business goals
- Strong written documentation and presentation skills, using the Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience or knowledge of basic programming and technologies (e.g., SQL, Hive, Hadoop, Snowflake, Apache NiFi/Apache Airflow, Python, R, Scala)
- Experience with work management and documentation tools, preferably Jira, and Confluence
- Ability to influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a sophisticated, always-changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in at least one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Science, Economics, or equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.