Sr. Product Manager I, Video PlayerApply NowApply Later Job ID 897474BR Location New York, New York, United States / San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Feb. 23, 2022
The video player is the heart of the streaming experience for our users, and we continually evolve it in order to keep that experience compelling, satisfying, and familiar, regardless of what device is in use. You will work closely with counterparts in design, engineering, and product management, as well as with executive teams, to ensure the product fulfills business, technical, and consumer priorities. You will define and drive the video player product roadmap. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Work with stakeholders to establish and identify product goals and define product roadmap and KPIs
- Successfully achieve product objectives, managing through challenges
- Partner with Disney Streaming Services UX and engineering teams to identify new product and process opportunities to drive the best possible player experience for viewers, within the constraints of devices, consumer environments, and available technology
- Take a data driven approach to constantly improve the product - devise measurement and reporting frameworks and processes to communicate status to neighbors and stakeholders, as appropriate to each
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process
- Maintain strategic insight into the industry-wide video player landscape and an understanding of current trends
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in product management within video streaming or related industries
- You have a strong high-level technical understanding of video player components
- You demonstrate strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- You have an obsession with making customers happy, and strong opinions about good customer experience
- You have demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations
- You have a strong attention to detail, yet with the ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture
- You’ve demonstrated successful experience building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You’re scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
- You’ve demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
- You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise
- Direct video player product management experience
- A technical background in media
Additional Information:Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the Disney+ subscription video service; the Hulu premium streaming service for live and on-demand TV, and ESPN+ premium sports streaming service. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.