Sr. Product Manager II, ExperimentationApply NowApply Later Job ID 897452BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 10, 2022
Experimentation is at the heart of future growth and innovation at Disney. You will help increase experiment quality and velocity for a variety of teams at Disney Streaming by leading the prioritization, planning and development of new capabilities. You will play a central role in unlocking new product insights, and launching new capabilities that will drive the experimentation program and product innovation at Disney.
- Minimum 5 years of experience building and delivering software products in a product management role. Direct experience in building experimentation capabilities within a high growth environment is desired.
- Prior experience in managing enterprise products that deliver capabilities to business users in growth, marketing, advertising, or other data-heavy business domains is a strong plus.
- Minimum 4 years working with customers and data teams including engineers, designers, and other cross-functional roles, focused on outcome-based deliverables.
- Experience with experimentation tools such as Optimizely, Adobe Target, and Feature Flagging tools such as LaunchDarkly are essential. A background in building experimentation technology solutions is strongly desired.
- Experience managing or supporting an enterprise experimentation program is ideal.
- Experience in hypothesis-driven product outcomes, and using data and research to help inform your roadmaps is essential
- A background in direct-to-consumer business models and consumer video streaming applications is ideal.
- You believe in and have first-hand experience with how important experimentation is within the product development lifecycle.
- You have experience in and genuine interest for product analytics and experimentation methodologies
- You are technical and have hands-on software product development and delivery experience with data and related technologies
- You are a strong communicator, you enjoy moderating sessions, gathering requirements, and socializing outcomes - through various channels - to drive progress
- You can balance customer, technical, and business priorities, and align cross-functional teams towards a shared goal
- You can motivate your team to sprint towards aggressive goals in ways that engenders excitement and ownership
- You are comfortable in ambiguous and fast changing environments with fluctuating demands
- You want to be the go-to experimentation product partner responsible for integrating product, engineering and data teams within one of our key experiment surface areas (e.g. Commerce, Engagement, Lifecycle Messaging)
- You enjoy diving deep into a particular domain to gain an understanding of your customer’s needs and be the conduit for making sure those needs are well understood
- You are a natural at building relationships and will strongly advocate for your internal customers.
- You are comfortable asking questions and want to understand your internal customer’s motivations to develop the right solutions
- You enjoy developing thoughtful and concise requirements through memos and user stories. You take pride that your name is attached to these artifacts
- You thrive in a culture that values close collaboration between autonomous teams.
- You will work with a sense of ownership and urgency towards our collective goal of increasing experiment quality and velocity
- You will seek out and share industry trends around experimentation approaches and tooling
- You will build relationships that help drive consensus among all required groups across the organization when trying to accomplish larger goals.
- You resolve blockers in other teams to move your products forward.
Required EducationEducation in technology or business domains
Preferred EducationAn undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines is a plus, MBA preferred
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.