Sr Product Manager II, Player Tools and TestingApply NowApply Later Job ID 897505BR Location New York, New York, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Mar. 27, 2022
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, creative, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to achieve goals and fulfill requirements. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record for taking ownership of green-field technology initiatives, providing structure and organization for a broad matrix of stakeholders, and delivering measurable results for short-term and long-term goals. The ideal candidate seeks and receives input from a wide range of sources, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses over details, and forms strong yet loosely held opinions to build consensus. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Work closely with counterparts across the company, including engineering, QA, QE, and product management, to build and maintain a roadmap of Video Player Test Tools and Automation capabilities that will be used to improve the video experience for all Disney Streaming services.
- Work with individuals and/or teams to provide bespoke tools and test content.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders for new or updated capabilities.
- Stay apprised of infield analytics/QoE data and take a data-driven approach to identifying areas of improvement.
- Work with device and distribution partner teams to improve certification of players on third-party devices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process.
- Generally serve as a champion for test tools and test automation across the company
- You have minimum of (4) years video streaming experience as a technical product manager, or equivalent hands-on experience with video as a Dev/QA lead
- You have experience working with streaming video, video players, and related capabilities for content protection, ad insertion, instrumentation, analytics, etc..
- You understand quality assurance test methodologies, test cases, and the challenges associated with testing software for tight release schedules.
- You have knowledge of various consumer device ecosystems and associated development lifecycles.
- You have demonstrated an ability to assimilate information from a wide variety of sources to build new domain knowledge in order to solve problems.
- You are scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty.
- You have equal appreciation for elegant design and the expedient hack.
- Strong technical understanding of modern video streaming technology, such as HLS/DASH, CMAF, DRM/encryption, HDR, audio/video standards, etc..
- Experience writing and/or managing test cases and test suites.
- Knowledge of HTTP, REST APIs, networking, web servers, CDNs, etc..
Additional Information:Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.