Sr. Product Manager, Video Playback Experiences
New York, New York, United States / Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 951334BR Location New York, New York, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 19, 2022
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Disney Media Entertainment & Distribution segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu.
The Senior Product Manager, Video Player & Experiences will play an integral role in the product vision and development of ESPN’s video playback technology & experiences across multiple platforms including mobile, web and connected devices. This role is responsible for helping to create a world-class video playback experience that delights our fans. Our mission is to be the first place fans choose to experience sports related media.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Learn how our product operates, and how our tools and platform translate to what the customer sees.
- Establish relationships with teams and stakeholders integral to video playback and end user experience (Media Engineering, Tooling & Instrumentation teams, Player teams, etc.).
- Take ownership of a key project in the video player space.
- Get access to various reporting tools and dashboards that you’ll need to be successful.
- Begin writing requirements, designing experiments, and working with an engineering team to build our product.
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, why and where they consider ESPN, and how and why they do/do not consume media on ESPN.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including engineering, design, user research and data science to build a compelling product roadmap and facilitate the execution of that roadmap to ship impactful product features that delight our customers and increase ESPN’s reach.
- Identify areas to invest in as a product team.
- Continuously capture insights from customer feedback, experiments, research, and analysis to iterate on the roadmap and improve the product.
- Be an advocate for our customers and the team’s mission internally in the company and present our work and roadmap to internal and external partners.
- Participate in interviews and hiring to expand the team.
- Become a subject matter expert on various aspects of the playback experience and product.
- Lead at least one major project that creates impact for the business and users.
- Writing Product Requirements
- Data Analysis and Experimentation
- Responsible for end-to-end ownership of large projects.
- Helps oversee delivery based on daily project schedules and coordinates activities across diverse disciplines.
- Develops detailed requirements, feature definitions and implementation plans.
- Makes recommendations to improve product(s) or processes utilizing user research and/or design concepts
- Identifies problem spaces for potential product solutions
- 7+ years of professional experience in product management, or a similar role.
- Organized approach to identifying, understanding, and solving customer problems
- Experience with hypothesis-driven experimentation and deriving meaningful insights from data
- Track record of collaborating with a large and varied group of cross-functional teams and partners to tackle ambiguous problems and make forward progress
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong ability to multi-task and context-switch with ease, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in AGILE
- Previous experience working with streaming media, data distribution or internal platforms with dynamic data ingestion.
- Previous experience working on client side media infrastructure
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.