Sr. Program ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 877237BR Location New York, New York, United States; Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 12, 2021
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney+ service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
This position will be part of the Disney Streaming Services Launch PMO team located in London, and is responsible for coordinating the delivery of work increments crossing multiple functional workstreams and teams within multiple divisions, toward efficient, scalable, and extensible launch plans and sustainable ongoing operations. Responsibilities also include the development of measures for project monitoring and tracking metrics for reporting to senior stakeholders.
The role will work across the Disney Steaming business group, partnering closely with the territory marketing function; our international business teams; and the Content and Marketing teams, working in conjunction with peers, executives, and Launch PMs. You will perform program and project management activities to successfully execute an ambitious international rollout and plan for ongoing sustainment. You will identify business operations project tasks, milestones, dependencies, and risks and incorporate them into a holistic plan for successful delivery. You will execute through expert knowledge of the project management domain, marketing operations, deep knowledge of DSS execution strategy, and outstanding internal relationships.
You are a process driven project manager focused on collaborating and building consensus to achieve results. You will be engaging key stakeholders, lead working sessions, and constantly reviewing and iterating on the program management techniques as we scale through launch and growth of the Disney Streaming brand.
- Prepare charters and develop detailed project plans including detailed scope information, schedules/milestones, budget estimates and baselines, resource plans, and clear success criteria
- Support project communications and monitoring and control mechanisms to ensure status and issues are reported to business leads, executive sponsors, and senior management on a timely basis
- Lead marketing operations program management for launch including localization, creative and legal processes
- Capture and contribute operational risks, issues, dependencies and decisions, and drive resolution or escalations as required
- Manage launch communication, track and triage local issues through partnership with PMO teams
- Monitor pulse of the territory through various communication channels and manage stakeholder expectations
- Communicate locally to drive alignment on territory priorities, maintain stack-ranked backlog of local requests
- Serve as the focal point for development, iteration, and implementation of new marketing operations processes and refinement/improvement of existing processes.
- Ability to identify, anticipate, and communicate programme dependencies across marketing disciplines, product, and content.
- Strong ability to set priorities and define activity sequencing, including critical path management.
- Lead cross-functional campaign planning for large go-to-market initiatives, engaging with stakeholders across multiple organizations and teams
- 5+ years of program & project management in a large corporate environment
- Experience in a senior management-facing role preferred
- Global / International experience preferred
- Expert software tools capabilities. Presentations: Keynote, Powerpoint, Google Slides; Modelling/diagramming: Visio, Omni Graffle and/or Lucidchart; Project Management: Confluence, Jira, and Smartsheets.
- Experience in a large program management and/or operations environment
- Experience working with technology and marketing teams to drive cross-functional results and Go-To-Market activities
- Proven experience in working in a complex, matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Possess business acumen and proven ability to react quickly, and plan proactively to meet project needs
- Deep affinity with Disney content, brands, and IP and familiarity with the content production and distribution process.
- Recognized as having a high potential for growth
- Demonstrated tenacity, comfortable with ambiguity
- Experienced delivering business improvement through process re-engineering.
- Possesses excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences
- Understanding of program management processes and methodologies for governance and tracking
- Show commitment to the project management profession via continuing education, up-to-date certifications, and progress in the field over time.
- Basic technical literacy and aptitude to apply qualitative and quantitative data in decision-making
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
- One or more recognized current project management certifications (IAMP, PMP, MPM, CSM, etc.)
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.