Sr QE Integration Engineer
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 762788BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 13, 2020
Job Summary:Quality of Experience, at its core, is a measure of the end-to-end performance at the service level from the user’s perspective. The QE team strives to quantify the overall acceptability and service experience of an application that is live, in-store, in-market, in production. Leveraging online video analytics, proxy, and automation tools is key to this end goal.
The QE (Quality of Experience) Integration Engineer is a member of a highly motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer’s quality of experience. QE Integration Engineer embodies multimedia knowledge in one specific technical vertical (Connected Devices such as Roku, Game Consoles, FireTV and/or Android, iOS, Web) and empowers the team by establishing best practices, standard operating procedures, triage, and troubleshooting techniques. This role is charged with understanding feature specification constraints, as well as implementation details of emerging technologies. A passion for sound and the moving image is essential in order to distinguish between good and bad user experiences and the KPIs that define them.
QE Integration Engineer works closely with various technical teams on the implementation of tools that further enable the QE Team to gather and measure the quality of experience metrics. This role is also responsible for performing capabilities assessment on a given platform with a specific version and a set of hardware/software dependencies. Integration Engineer plays a key role in internally coordinating maintenance cycles and ensuring QE Team is maintaining proper versions and configurations in all environments.
This is a hands-on role that will perform device configuration, administration, and subsequently train/support Quality of Experience Analysts. Integration Engineer is a position that evolves over time right alongside technology. This position maintains a current knowledge base within a fragmented device industry. Integration Engineer is a technology subject matter expert that is an ambassador within Operations and is a technical resource to other departments within the organization.
- Subject matter expert by performing hands-on device capabilities assessments and maintain product feature specifications per device platform; staying current with industry trends.
- Understand and track technical implementation and hardware constraints by maintaining documentation of test and analysis results across platforms.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions cross-functionally as an integrator between business needs and technology implementation to solve complex testing scenarios.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
- Minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience in a Video Technology field
- Core understanding of live and VOD content delivery life cycle – “glass to glass”.
- Hands-on experience interfacing with Connected and Mobile Devices (Roku, Game Consoles, Apple TV, Android, iOS, etc.)
- Experience in designing and maintaining a matrix of complex documentation
- Previous expertise in working with the third party and device manufacturers
- Technical Project Management background
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Analytical self-starter mindset
- Track record of delivering through ambiguity
- Coding knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.