Sr Software Eng, Disney + Main App
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 768462BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 03, 2020
● Work on a modern stack including React, NodeJS, Amazon Web Services
● Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications
● Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to define
● Build out new features using an internal CMS tool to support marketing editorial teams
● Build and setup AB testing efforts in a rapid performance marketing focused environment
● 5+ years experience building web applications.
● Experience in a NodeJS application development environment.
GitHub, CSS Preprocessors, Styled Components, Single Page Application frameworks
and Module Bundlers (Webpack etc.)
● Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs
● Experience with streaming video, e-commerce, large data applications and analytics suites
● Hands on experience with React/Redux in a production application
● Experience with Webpack
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.