Sr Software Eng
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 849050BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 09, 2021
Job Summary:We are looking for a talented front-end engineer to join a team that creates large-scale, highly-performant
web applications. This team transforms large, complex datasets into fast and responsive user interfaces
used by millions of people.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Web Commerce (Full Stack), you will help us push the boundaries of
what is possible on the client. You'll work with a team of other developers alongside systems engineers,
appreciate the details that make a user experience exceptional. You demonstrate enthusiasm for new
technologies, languages, frameworks, and platforms. You are also highly proficient in resolving security
issues in web applications utilizing current best practices and industry standards
This position is located in New York, NY. We can also be flexible with remote. We believe we offer unique opportunities for any technologist, including:
●The ability to work on a bleeding edge technology stack.
●Influencing the innovation of products used globally by millions.
●An open, team-driven environment that fosters constructive feedback and collective problem-
- Work on a modern stack including React, NodeJS, Amazon Web Services.
- Enforce code quality through test driven development.
- Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications and lead project
- Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to define product requirements
- 5-7 years of experience in infrastructure engineering and operations of eCommerce
- Experience in web application security analysis and resolution.
- Experience in a NodeJS application development environment.
- Experience with high-volume, public facing, transactional web applications with high levels of availability, resilient application architecture, scalable infrastructure, automation, and application performance monitoring
- Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs.
- Experience in implementing A/B Tests
- Experience with root-cause analysis and troubleshooting infrastructure issues.
- Competitive salary with potential yearly bonus and Long-Term Incentives
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick days
- 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits and much more.
- Disney Perks: Parks passes, discounts on Disney resorts and merchandise.
- Employees have the opportunity to give back to their local community through Disney's
- VoluntEARS program that promotes Diversity & Inclusion
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.