Sr. Software Engineer- Messaging PlatformApply NowApply Later Job ID 863927BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
Job Summary:Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Our combined Hulu and Disney team is looking for hardworking team players, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience.
We are making major enhancements to our multi-region, multi-tenant core messaging platform to enable other Disney Streaming engineering teams to send messaging via email and SMS. You can be a part of building a unified messaging platform that will encapsulate the very best of Hulu and Disney.
This position might be right for you if:
- You want to help us build a core messaging platform that impacts every fan of our products
- You’re a curious and efficient engineer who wants to feel empowered to help define the direction of development and work side-by-side with some of the brightest minds in our organization
- You enjoy working with other brilliant engineers in a challenging but supportive environment, learning from others and sharing your expertise with them
- Build systems to power a 24/7 live service
- Design core, backend software components for the Messaging Platform
- Code using primarily Java
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS
- 5+ years of experience building internet-scale web or services applications
- Experience in a Java and alternative JVM application development environments (Scala/Kotlin)
- Experience and/or certification with the AWS environment, including ECS (Docker), S3, EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch
- Excellent understanding of software development fundamentals
- Experience with writing unit, integration and functional tests
- Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs
- Experience working in a modern, agile software team with version control & project management tools (e.g. Github, SVN, Jira, Basecamp)
- Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, high-uptime systems
- Creative and inventive problem solving
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Experience with SES or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Familiarity with AWS Serverless technologies
- Experience in Scala, Python
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.