Sr. Software Engineer – Solutions Architect
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763465BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 15, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including ESPN+ and Disney+ offerings. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability.
As a Sr. Software Engineer – Solutions Architect you will be responsible for the client engineering solution architecture and design, as well as integration and delivery for technology projects. It is the responsibility of the Sr. Software Engineer – Solutions Architect to coordinate with engineering leaders from various disciplines (client applications, commerce, content engineering, infrastructure, data/information, core services) to define the most effective solution to business problems, while also leveraging their knowledge of existing systems and services and the capabilities available in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate should have full-stack experience in mobile, web and OTT, and requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various software and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments and have experience with highly integrated and mission-critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is effective for each respective group.
- Coordinate between business and engineering and product stakeholders to develop a solution architecture approach
- Assess market technology choices to determine fit.
- Translate complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural designs.
- Designs, develops, and dissemination technical strategy across front and back end engineering teams
- Interfaces with product and backend services representing all front end client apps
- Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses
- 4+ years of experience in architecting and designing complex digital systems, SOA Services and databases in large companies
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large engineering initiatives across various teams.
- Strong technical knowledge of digital environment including Mobile (Android & iOS architecture) and Web Apps, Messaging, Databases, Cloud, Big Data, Cloud, Infrastructure, Networks, and their Interactions
- Architect and design APIs via OpenAPI specification
- Experience delivering distributed systems in production environments
- Required Knowledge of industry-standard project execution methodologies like Agile/SCRUM
- Proven experience influencing business and technology leadership
- Demonstrated skills in partnering with various architecture disciplines in software development
- Innovative ideas to reduce the overall cost of deliverables with improved quality and time to market
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies, quickly and effectively
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task amongst several priorities.
- Strong ability to influence without authority
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant industry experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.