Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 753534BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 17, 2020
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including Disney+, the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
If you enjoy streaming media, are interested in live sports and entertainment, or just want to join a fast-growing team that plays an integral part of the revenue producing arm of a company, then our team is for you. By driving technological innovations, Disney Streaming Services aspires to become the leading distributor of direct-to-consumer live entertainment and the premier provider of video streaming solutions globally.
You will be joining the team that manages the automated processing of every piece of media available on Disney+.
If you are interested in joining Disney in the pursuit of not only crafting new media products but enjoying the products you build, we are interested in hearing from you.
As a Senior full-stack media software engineer you will specialize in building user facing applications which enable the creation and delivery of media by editors, producers, partners and system operators.
Basic Qualifications :
Required Education :
- Lead a software engineering team to design, build, deliver and operate software services to acquire, manage, process and distribute Disney’s media catalog.
- Build collaboratively with the team you lead and neighboring engineering teams.
- Contribute to the code base by writing and reviewing software.
- Lead technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts.
- Establish engineering best practices and standards within the team to drive quality and excellence.
- Contribute to a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation.
- Mentor or coach team members best practices, technical concepts and principles of software development.
- Recruit and help hire talented software engineers.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating an expert level understanding of software development and infrastructure
- 5+ years experience building complex distributed software services.
- Highly skilled in the software development life cycle, software architecture and writing software.
- You're practical and personable, with a succinct communication style
- Experience building multiple concurrent projects of high technical complexity
- Ability to work in a dynamic 24x7 availability environment
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.