Sr Software Engineer
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 759583BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 04, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services Personalization team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer that is passionate about building new technologies for the entertainment/media industry. Disney Streaming Services is now a leading
authority in media streaming and real time data processing, distribution and analysis.
The Personalization team is responsible for delivering recommendations to users of Disney’s Streaming Services products through a highly scalable RESTful API designed to support millions of concurrent users, for experimentation of the performance of these recommendations, and for developing certain recommendation algorithms.
Responsibilities:As a Senior Software Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to write clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment. DSS presents the rare opportunity to develop a product in a greenfield environment that will, in short order, be used by millions of people around the world.
● Experience building large and scalable applications.
● Experience deploying and monitoring those applications.
● An avid, independent learner, with excellent problem-solving skills.
● Strong Experience in Java or other JVM languages.
● Experience with different types of databases like Postgres, Redis, and DynamoDB.
● Experience with event-driven systems
● Experience with building personalization services, recommendation engines, and working with PII information.
● Experience with streaming data technologies like Kinesis or Kafka.
● Experience with Python.
● Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) or another cloud provider.
Additional Information:You'll also:
● Lead and take ownership of critical projects.
● Work on a great technology stack including Java, PostgreSql, Spring, Kinesis, AWS, Redis, and more.
● Influence the innovation of products used by millions of users worldwide.
● Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.