Sr Software Engineer
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 762790BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 30, 2020
Job Summary:The Sr. Service Now Software Engineer is a software engineering position within the Office of the CIO at Disney Streaming Services. This role will take end to end ownership of a variety of internally developed tools, application and workflows, inclusive of end to end engineering and development of new solutions to new business challenges as directed by the CIO. In addition, the Engineer will regularly collaborate with, and actively support members of the Software Engineering team.
- Take ownership of product iteration for a variety of internally developed Service Now tools and applications, to align with evolving business needs.
- Collaborate with the Lead Senior Developer and Office of the CIO on the development of new applications and modules drawing upon experience to make design recommendations for Application UI and Workflows.
- Collaborate effectively with ServiceNow administrators to develop solutions and handle general updates and configuration changes/requests.
- Build workflows and write automated scripts.
- Build and deploy required enhancements to the ServiceNow Platform.
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the processes, standards, policies, working methods, and tools.
- Maintain update set consistency across development, stage, testing, sandbox, and production environments.
- Participate in ongoing production support and end user support.
- Effectively integrate with 3rd party applications through API (Jira, Slack)
- Extensive ServiceNow development experience
- ServiceNow workflow expertise
- Experience with CSM
- Experience with all ServiceNow applications including Asset Management, Service Catalog, Change Management, Request Management, Incident and Release Management, Web Services
- Self-learner, independent, and have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.