Sr Software Engineer
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 777024BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 19, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Media Security team within the Core Services organization. The Media Security team’s mission is to build highly available, high throughput services that are critical to delivering high quality content to our subscribers. If you enjoy streaming media, are interested in live sports and entertainment, or just want to join a fast-growing team that plays a critical part of the revenue producing arm of a company, then our team is for you.
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Build high-performance, stable, scalable systems to be deployed in an enterprise setting
- Lead high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions
- Participate in the code review process by providing feedback on pull requests
- Participate in the on-call rotation, supporting systems and services during production incidents
- Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses
- Provide mentoring and advice for other engineers
- Establish engineering best practices and standards within the team to drive quality and excellence
- Contribute to the DSS technical community through presentations, tech talks, and other knowledge-sharing efforts
- Experience delivering backend applications in a production environment
- Expertise in functional programming and Scala
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building RESTful services
- Understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, promises, async/await) and threading/concurrency
- Understanding of source control concepts and exposure to Git
- Self-learner, independent, excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.