Sr Software Engineer
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 870992BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
The Experience Management team at Disney Streaming is hiring Senior Software Engineers to help build and support the metadata and artwork platform for Disney+, ESPN+, and other streaming services. Our systems are collectively responsible for integrating with the studios to bring all the metadata and artwork for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Nat Geo, and Fox content onto the Disney Streaming platform for inclusion in Disney+. This includes distributed systems that handle metadata and artwork ingest, management, curation, personalization, localization, and syndication. Our metadata drives nearly every aspect of the user experience in Disney Streaming products.
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Build high-performance, stable, scalable systems to be deployed in an enterprise setting
- Lead high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions
- Participate in the code review process by providing feedback on pull requests
- Participate in on-call rotation, supporting systems and services during production incidents
- Provide mentoring and advice for other engineers
- Fluent in Java programming language and proficient in at least one more
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience delivering full-stack applications in production environments
- Experience building RESTful services
- Understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, promises, async/await)
- Understanding of source control concepts and exposure to Git
- Exposure to build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-learner, independent, excellent problem-solving skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
- Exposure to a modern front-end web framework such as Angular, React, or Vue
- Experience with Datadog or similar application monitoring software
- Exposure to cloud platforms such as AWS
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.