Sr Systems Engineer (Application)
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 867230BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 01, 2021
Disney Streaming Services seeks a Senior Systems Engineer to join a team of talented and dedicated technologists. This role reports directly to the Director of Systems Engineering in the Corporate Infrastructure Department. Corporate Infrastructure falls under the office of the CIO. The ideal candidate has a wide range of experience working at various levels of the corporate technology stack, ranging from enterprise datacenter hardware to application layer support. A qualified candidate must be able to adapt quickly to meet the demands of a dynamic growing business.
- Provide material support for all systems and infrastructure in the corporate technology stack
- Provide engineering support for a multitude of SaaS platforms: MS 365, Google Workspace, Adobe Cloud Services (Creative Cloud, AEM)
- Deploy and maintain cloud services in AWS/Azure
- Work autonomously at times and independently push projects forward
- Make recommendations and engineer solutions that meet the needs of the business
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies to deliver best in class solutions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Advancing our technology stack with innovative ideas and new creative solutions
- Ability to work with VIPs and senior level management in a professional and proficient manner
- Produce organized and coherent technical documentation on system configuration standards and procedures
- Participate in an on-call rotation. Willingness to participate in escalated issues as required
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills in both written and verbal form
- Ability to understand the needs of a complex organization and work closely with internal partners to problem solve
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in Windows and Linux / Unix systems administration, provisioning, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell & Python
- Experience designing and maintaining distributed services and technologies
- Experience working with Microsoft ADFS or an equivalent Federated Identity Solution
- Experience managing Google Workspace and its associated applications
- Experience with Microsoft 365 administration (Azure AD, Exchange Online, Intune)
- Experience managing Atlassian data center products (Crowd, JIRA, Confluence, Crucible)
The following are not required but are preferred
- Experience working with load balancers such as Big IP F5 / Netscaler
- Experience with systems automation tools such as Puppet & Ansible
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.