Sr. Storage Engineer (Object, Block, NAS, SAN)
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 714005BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 26/10/2019
Job Summary:At Disney Streaming Services, we have a Systems Engineering Department consisting of 4 teams: Storage Engineering, Application Infrastructure, Core Infrastructure, and Architecture & Automation.
- Storage Engineering is responsible for all things storage related (Object, Block, NAS, SAN) as well as the Data Protection environment)
- Application Infrastructure is responsible for base deployment and configuration of the application environment.
- Core Infrastructure is responsible for the compute HW environment, the virtualization environment, and all data center utilities such as DNS, LDAP.
- Architecture & Automation is responsible for platform-wide design strategy and automation.
- Storage provisioning, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of various large, complex environments.
- Storage requirements gathering, capacity planning, security hardening, performance tuning, and audit compliance.
- Researching, evaluating, and testing new storage technologies to improve service and reduce cost.
- Automation of common tasks and procedures.
- Working closely with engineers from the systems, network, CDN, database, monitoring, and security teams, along with software development and QA teams, to develop holistic solutions.
- Working closely with vendor engineering and support to troubleshoot problems, mitigate software defects, and drive new features.
Basic Qualifications:The ideal candidate should be highly proficient in object storage (Swiftstack/Caringo Swarm), NAS storage (Quobyte/Isilon), block storage (ScaleIO), and data protection (Storware vProtect/Cohesity/Data Domain). We are moving towards software-defined environments so experience with building massively-scalable architectures on commodity hardware is crucial as well as administering complex storage for virtualized environments (RHV/KVM/oVirt/Openstack), containerized environments (Docker/Kubernetes/Openshift), and cloud environments (AWS). You should absolutely have an expertise in Linux environments (RHEL/CentOS).
To be highly considered, we would like you to have a deep understanding of the following:
- Architecture, design, and implementation of enterprise storage solutions
- Requirements gathering, capacity planning, security hardening, performance tuning, and audit compliance.
- Storage administration including provisioning, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Researching, evaluating, and testing new storage technologies to improve service and reduce cost
- Data protection technologies (Storware vProtect, Cohesity, Data Domain)
- Open source storage technologies (Openstack, Ceph, Cinder)
- Storage monitoring and reporting tools (InsightIQ, Solarwinds, Icinga, Sensu, Grafana, Elk).
- Storage management in virtualized environments (KVM/oVirt, Red Hat Virtualization, Openstack)
- Storage management in containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift).
- Storage management in cloud environments (AWS primarily)
- Deployment and management tools (Ansible AWX/Tower, Foreman, Puppet, Git)
- Scripting and automation with Python or Bash
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.