Sr Technical Project Manager (Data Engineering domain)
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 738966BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 14, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services has already achieved a number of key landmarks for our partners including launching Eurosport Player, ESPN+ and of course the highly successful Disney+ service. We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Project Manager to join us.
The role of Senior Technical Project Manager within our Data Engineering team is a critical position, and one that is responsible for serving a highly experienced and distributed team of software, data, and DevOps Engineers. Based out of our New York City offices, you will be leading the delivery, optimization and improvements of services that are crucial for our data initiatives.
Responsibilities:Working within a large cross-functional development team, you will have the opportunity to define and refine our process around delivery whilst ensuring the highest level of code quality. Your prior experience working in a development environment delivering services and new features will aid you when joining a team that is already making a significant impact across the business. You will:
- Ensure the delivery of software projects by:
- Driving definition of project scope and backlog management
- Delivering iteratively and regularly
- Managing and mitigating risk and issues
- Ensuring external project dependencies are properly tracked
- Communicating and reporting status at appropriate frequency and details for each stakeholder
- Data (metrics) based project tracking and delivery projection
- Drive backlog management
- Assist with technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts
- Serve the Team by:
- Agreeing on project process within PMO guidelines and drive process adherence and improvement
- Optimizing productivity and driving team accountability
- Supporting product owner (scope, backlog grooming, stakeholder communications)
- Collaboratively defining, documenting, and driving agile adoption
- Fostering cross-team coordination and communication.
- Motivating, empowering, and improving the team.
- Know and understand the project:
- Detailed understanding of the architecture, tools, deployment practices
- Knowledge of the technical and business context of the project including related services
- Demonstrable understanding of your project domain and immediate surrounding areas, be able to and confident of discussing this with PMO team members.
- Drive product management, adoption, and best practices
- Understanding of Data Engineering solution architecture, technologies, capabilities, best practices as well as stakeholder business domains
- Proactively identify opportunities, promote and evangelize the Data Engineering team’s approaches and solutions
- Act as a product manager, gather feedback, feature requests, and work closely with stakeholders on existing and future, and potential projects
- Coordinate projects across teams, participate in platform roadmaps, work prioritization etc.
- Solid project management skills including risk mitigation, stakeholder management and reporting
- Demonstrable experience and solid understanding of agile frameworks
- Deep rooted passion and a proven track record building motivated and collaborative teams
- In depth knowledge and practical experience with the software development life cycle
- Effective facilitator with excellent consensus building skills
- Servant leader who is courageous, assertive and determined to remove impediments
- Able to follow technical discussions, absorb technical documentation, and quickly establish technical credibility with the team
- Able to learn multiple business domains
- Exposure to modern Data Engineering, DevOps, automation, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices around CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Availability, Quality, etc.
- Experience working with development teams building data pipelines
- Experience working with teams who adopt modern engineering and DevOps practices
- Understanding of cloud computing, focusing on data processing and analytics technologies
- Experience working with distributed or remote teams
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.