Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr. Technical Project ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 698909BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 03, 2019
The API Team is looking to hire a Sr. Technical Project Manager in New York for. The Technical Project Manager will be working on projects involving Disney+ and ESPN+.
As the Project Manager of this team, you’ll be responsible for managing a team of several Engineers. You’ll also function as the interface between Product and other Engineering teams, participating in coordination, alignment, roadmapping, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class consumer applications.
- You display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward.
- You’re able to manage large teams, complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the “go-to” individual.
- You will prioritize and multi-task in a high-performance, deadline-driven environment
- You are adherent to all departmental processes, and make suggestions for change when necessary. You are able to work closely with the Program Manager on maximizing efficiency by helping to drive process and strategy focused on high value delivery. You are constantly evaluating process and seeking for ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement.
- You are an expert at holding meetings and have perfected the necessary skills:
- You facilitate and solidify project process by creating, managing, and updating documentation.
- You excel at keeping program management informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks.
- You promote team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication.
- You build strong relationships with partnered engineering teams; running multiple concurrent projects with separate stakeholders simultaneously; cultivating relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison in software development
- You work independently and with the team to develop an integrated development plan from current stage through to product launch
- You are a developed negotiator, and are able to identify a solution path for multiple/various competing requirements and stakeholder preferences. You are influential in your negotiations, and are able to negotiate for your desired outcome.
- You will manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines. Minimize timeline deviations by clearly identifying program risks and communication of strategies
- You demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations. You are capable of performing the Product Owner function, should a need exist.
- You continue to hone skills where needed, are actively engaged in the community through, conferences, industry trends, and best practices, and leverage new information to constantly improve performance.
- You are able to fluidly and successfully adapt, navigate, and influence organizational politics
- You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges.
- You are well-established in Project Management, having 4+ years experience in the consumer software industry.
- You are comfortably able to manage large scope / high complexity verticals without direct supervision.
- You hold a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification and practices all associated ceremonies.
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience executing both Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies.
- You possess the proven ability to run a project through the entire SDLC, and are well educated in its intricacies.
- You are professional and communicate well to internal and external stakeholders (clients & business owners).
- You have experience working directly with in-house Engineers, and ideally have some direct Engineering experience.
- You possess a working understanding of application development, API transactions, and repository processes.
- You have developed essential soft skills vital to the Project Manager role, including: Meeting leadership, Communication, Teamwork, Collaboration, Flexibility, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, & Conflict Resolution
- You are passionate about your career, and take strong ownership of the initiatives you manage, and have a can-do attitude.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.