Sr Technical Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 899185BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Living Room team at Disney Streaming is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager for an immediate opening. This is an opportunity to help build industry-leading apps while getting to work closely with some of the greatest minds in the media technology industry. If working in a collaborative team environment and facing new challenges every day while the apps you help build get used by millions of people excites you, then this is the role for you. This Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing the development of client applications across Disney Streaming Services platforms and properties. This individual will be responsible for project-managing application releases, coordinating development resources, prioritizing and scheduling feature implementation and working with stakeholders across the organization. This individual must possess the ability to effectively manage each piece of the SDLC for multiple applications across multiple platforms.
This is a permanent full-time position.
- Have 5+ years of technical project management experience, managing multiple concurrent initiatives and working directly with engineers
- Have experience in managing the development of consumer-facing software, ideally cross-platform, native client applications
- Have strong technical proficiency demonstrated in any number of ways, ex. coding skills, quality assurance experience or technical writing background or similar
- Have in-depth experience executing both Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Have mastered industry-standard project management tools such as JIRA
- Have excellent professional writing skills and are able to provide verbal explanations of status and technical issues with precision and accuracy
- Excel at working with project stakeholders to define project scope and objectives, and you are able to effectively communicate requirements to development teams
- Excel in leading effective meetings (keeping teams on track), you plan, document decisions and follow up
- Display initiative, take a proactive approach, and are able to start the conversation
- Negotiate with skill and are able to identify a solution path for various competing requirements or stakeholder preferences
- Learn quickly and enthusiastically, particularly about technical systems and issues
- Are passionate about your career, take strong ownership of the initiatives you manage, and you continue to develop and refine essential Project Management skills
- Are constantly evaluating process and seeking for ways to improve at every iteration
- Are obsessed with managing quality applications, always working to better said products
- Have experience managing apps for mobile or game consoles and/or installed software and are familiar with the intricacies of app submission and approval procedures
- Are able to work closely with the program manager on maximizing efficiency by helping to drive process and strategy focused on high value delivery
- Are a Certified ScrumMaster or have PMP certifications
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.