Sr Technical Support Engineer
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 794569BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted May. 27, 2021
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, inclusion, collaboration and creativity. Stories shape how we see ourselves and everyone around us. As storytellers, we have the power to not only uplift and inspire, but also to champion the spectrum of voices in our world. If you want to help tell compelling, diverse and enduring stories through movies, music or live theater, then we want to hear from you.
Disney Theatrical Group is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Technical Support Engineer to join the DTG Information Technology team. This position will focus on providing IT and Networking support to DTG’s productions domestically and internationally, as well as supporting approximately 200 employees. Applicants with live entertainment experience as well as networking experience are greatly encouraged to apply.
- Assist with implementing critical tech networks for Broadway and US Touring shows with our Networking Vendor
- Support wired and wireless networks for Broadway shows and DTG offices working closely with administrative staff, production crew, cast, merchandise teams and vendors
- SME for Technical Services provided to Disney Theatrical Group encompassing intimate knowledge of various groups as well as an understanding of applications used and specialized workflows
- Conceive creative ideas to solve complex issues with guidance from upper management while following the policies and standards provided by Disney Corporate IT
- Coordinate work and communication flows between local providers, vendors, Studio Technology Team and Disney Corporate Technology Team
- Support temporary networks built by our vendors during Productions’ tech periods in a variety of locations
- Work with presenting partners to ensure all technical aspects of DTG’s tours are upheld
- Create actionable items based on strategic initiatives set by IT management
- Partner with key Enterprise IT teams to ensure that security alerts, remediation efforts, downtimes (both emergency and planned), patch installations, new equipment installations, etc. will be effectively handled
- Manage ISP vendors and work with them to provide most efficient and cost-saving solutions
- Perform hands-on repair of equipment and maintenance/installation of network infrastructure
- Maintain and update images of MacOS and Windows computers
- Provide Level 2 coverage on in-house help desk and assist Help Desk Analyst with larger issues
- Partner with other members of the DTG IT team to provide support and guidance for their projects
- Train users in complex topics, and act as subject matter expert in enterprise level software
- 5+ years’ experience in providing IT support to large offices (including executives) and/or live production environments
- 5+ years’ experience supporting users on Macintosh OS and Microsoft Windows 10+ environment
- Expertise in Cisco LAN/WAN networking including wireless networks
- Expertise in Meraki networking equipment
- Fundamental understanding of routing and switching
- Experience with documenting workflows and networks
- Familiarity with security protocols and practices
- Knowledge of SQL, FileMaker Pro, and other database tools
- Knowledge of basic command line tools (SSH, scp, rsync, Putty, etc.)
- Knowledge of SCCM and Casper
- Knowledge of AD and Exchange management
- Experience with Windows and Macintosh versions of the Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Experience with iPhones and Apple iOS
- Experience with video conferencing hardware and software (Polycom, Cisco, Zoom, etc.)
- Understand business operations to strategically deploy technical solutions
- Previous experience overseeing executive support or support in a production environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Capable of following and composing process and procedure documentation
- Superior customer service focus as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving/decision making skills including conflict and first call resolution
- Prior experience in a live entertainment or theatre production environment strongly preferred
- Strong vendor management skills
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required
- Models and supports the mission and values of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Theatrical Group by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment
- Please note that this position will sometimes require lifting heavy equipment up to 30lbs.
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.