Sr UX WriterApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724508BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
As a Senior UX Writer for a global product, a keen understanding of localization best practices and considerations is key to this role. The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of the importance of authentic written language and cultural nuances. This role is part communicator, part content strategist; and will call for a proven track record of bringing projects to life from concept to execution. The Senior UX Writer has the ability to seamlessly collaborate with design, product, research, marketing, and engineering teams in order to provide the best solutions possible.
- Care deeply about building a brand and product experience that is inclusive and feels authentic to our global users
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including product, design, and marketing teams, to find clear and meaningful product content and marketing messaging solutions
- Partner with researchers to validate copy, and leverage analytics & data to optimize copy
- Act as a writing-for-localization SME for the rest of the team, providing guidance, documenting and socializing best practices
- Govern and maintain the Disney+ Glossary for consistency
- Work directly with regional tech ops and linguists to ensure translation quality
- Write microcopy, CTAs, and user guidance from welcome to thank you
- Incorporate branding into UX messaging across consumer touchpoints
- Create and oversee reports on content (e.g. weekly or monthly)
- Create style guides to establish brand voice and maintain best practices
- Write technical documentation outlining processes and rationale
- Monitor metrics related to our content, like web traffic and conversion rates
- Research industry-related topics and identify gaps in our content
- Write original copy for ads and social networks
- Prepare and publish articles that describe our company and products
- Actively participate in feedback loops from crits to 1:1s
- 4+ years experience as a UX Writer or similar role at consumer-focused tech or media companies
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional execution, from process to outcomes
- Experience working directly on an international product a huge plus
- Experience writing for multiple platforms and marketing lifecycle touchpoints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
- Excellent user experience writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Able to think and write holistically across the Disney+ experience, and also zoom in and add meaning to the smallest detail
- Collaborative, working well within a team environment with direction and accountability
- Adaptable and receptive to feedback
- Comfortable speaking with internal stakeholders, with strong interpersonal skills
- Deadline-oriented and efficient, possessing strong time management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented, carefully reviewing your work at all stages
- Proactive in communicating and documenting project progress, status, and workload
- Up-to-date with emerging content strategy/ux writing trends and technologies
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.