Strategic Marketing Sourcing ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 792498BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
The Enterprise Sourcing (ES) team has been established to support all of the corporate functions’ Sourcing & procurement requirements. In addition, the Enterprise Sourcing team is responsible for supporting the business Segments in developing and executing Category Management strategies for Marketing, Professional Services and Supply Chain categories.
The Manager, Enterprise Sourcing – Marketing & Creative Services will lead and manage 1 direct report in the New York office and is responsible for collaborating/coordinating on all facets of Sourcing activities with the Senior Manager, Enterprise Sourcing Marketing and Senior level East Coast Stakeholders. The focus of this role is to work with marketing stakeholders from each segment to make smart sourcing decisions in selecting agencies, technologies & other service providers, to maximize the value in marketing investments, and to mitigate risks through smart contract negotiations. This includes responsibility for executing Marketing & Creative Services category strategies while collaborating with the Senior Manager, Enterprise Sourcing Marketing and Global category leads.
This position requires excellent communication and internal customer service abilities as the Manager will be responsible for interfacing with Global & Local Sourcing/Marketing/Finance/Business Unit clients on a regular basis. This person will also recommend and set procurement strategies/priorities along with the Senior Manager, Marketing in support of Global Sourcing and Procurement Plans.
The Manager, Enterprise Sourcing – Marketing & Creative Services will be responsible for contributing towards initiatives/projects as part of Sourcing Annual Operating Plan with East Coast based Business Segments and will be accountable for delivering against them. The individual will also provide thought leadership on procurement/sourcing strategies regarding operations, processes and infrastructure improvements. This position will ensure consistency in approach and quality and depth of analysis during the procurement/sourcing process.
Responsibilities:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
- In alignment with the overall Category objectives, contribute towards AOP’s with East Coast based TWDC Segments with focus on;
- Sub-category plans
- Spend Influenced
- Value generation/Savings/ROI
- Lead large marketing projects/RFP’s/Pitches from source to contract
- Together with the Director & Senior Manager, Enterprise Sourcing, develop annual operating plans (AOP) for the Marketing and Creative services team and delivering against the targets set jointly by ES and the business segments
- Ensure consistent application of procurement processes across constituent groups
- Develop, implement, monitor and report performance measures that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance
- Build and maintain relationships with key Segment/Functional executives to ensure full understanding and support for sourcing & procurement initiatives – becoming a trusted advisor
- Track, and report savings, spending compliance and variances: communicate results with the Senior Manager, Enterprise Sourcing MK and selected stakeholders
- Perform supplier performance reviews and supplier compliance audits in conjunction with the business as appropriate
- Provide leadership, direction and management to the local Marketing & Creative Services sourcing team
- Build/establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Serve as a business partner to Segment/Functional key stakeholders by identifying their critical business requirements and providing procurement services to meet/exceed their expectations
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following the models established by Strategic Sourcing focusing on the total cost of ownership
- Prepare for and execute clear, structured negotiations following the Strategic Sourcing process
- Identify, develop and deploy best practice supplier management, procurement and Category management practices
- Drive internal skill/capability development to broaden and build staff skill sets
- Manage 1 direct report that support the marketing sourcing category
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- 7 Years of experience in Sourcing & Procurement
- Leadership experience in a strategic sourcing and procurement environment
- Exposure to Marketing & Consulting services
- Supporting Senior Marketing executives in developing and implementing sourcing strategies
- Executive presence, presentation and engagement.
- Marketing & Creative Services Category Sourcing knowledge and experience in sub-categories such as Marketing Research, Marketing Technologies, PR, Events, Communications, Creative services, etc.
- Basic knowledge of technology as an enabler to driver value across Marketing services
- Demonstrate the ability to exceed the demands of various internal stakeholders across multiple business units
- Demonstrate the ability to work strategically and develop strong business cases for change
- Detailed and structured cost/financial analysis experience
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to influence clients at all levels in the organization
- Outstanding communication skills
- Customer service orientation and client-centered focus
- Willingness to travel (position may require up to 10% travel)
- Experience in Sourcing Marketing & Media services in a Media & Entertainment environment
- Knowledge of Marketing, Creative Services & Market Research categories in International markets
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or another quantitative discipline preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.