Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Strategy & Business Development MBA Associate, Theatrical Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 520310BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Disney Theatrical Group Date posted 01/19/2018
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. DTG’s summer internship program provides undergraduate students with an immersive view of theatre administration through on-the-job experience, educational seminars, and individual and collective projects. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Be a part of something big…
The Strategy & Business Development department is comprised of generalists who serve as business advisors to all departments across the organization, focused primarily on forward-looking, long-term decisions that are often ambiguous and not yet well-defined. The group also spearheads explorations into new business lines and adjacencies, working collaboratively with other parts of The Walt Disney Company. This assignment will provide the MBA student with an excellent opportunity to hone their analytical and business problem-solving abilities in a dynamic setting.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Assisting the Strategy & Business Development team with ongoing project work in support of DTG business units surrounding revenue and/or expense optimization, and evaluating the economic opportunity of contemplated productions or business ventures
- Exploring brand and business extensions to drive new sources of revenue for DTG, drawing from existing research and supplementing with additional data to drive to actionable recommendations
- Performing research through various sources (journals, databases, industry reports, info from other divisions of Disney, etc.) and preparing reports to inform senior leaders on global live entertainment trends and innovations, focusing particularly on worldwide markets with nascent/fast-growing live entertainment markets
Basic QualificationsYou bring…
- Proven interest in media & entertainment; specific interest/experience in theatre is a plus
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong Excel (quantitative analysis/modeling) and presentation making skills (PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi)
Preferred QualificationsEven better…
- Pre-MBA work experience ideally in roles involving cross-departmental projects and multiple stakeholder-management
- Completion of 1st year of a current MBA program at the start of the internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May/June through August/September
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Position is in New York, NY.
- Must be enrolled in an MBA program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer