Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Strategy & Business Development MBA, Disney Theatrical Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 732055BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Dec. 19, 2019
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Responsibilities:Be a part of something big…
The Strategy & Business Development department is comprised of generalists who serve as business advisors to all departments across the organization, focused primarily on forward-looking, long-term decisions that are often ambiguous and not yet well-defined. The group also spearheads explorations into new business lines and adjacencies, working collaboratively with other parts of The Walt Disney Company. This assignment will provide the MBA student with an excellent opportunity to hone their analytical and business problem-solving abilities in a dynamic setting.
- Assisting the Strategy & Business Development team with ongoing project work in support of DTG business units surrounding revenue and/or expense optimization, and evaluating the economic opportunity of contemplated productions or business ventures
- Exploring brand and business extensions to drive new sources of revenue for DTG, drawing from existing research and supplementing with additional data to drive to actionable recommendations
- Performing research through various sources (journals, databases, industry reports, info from other divisions of Disney, etc.) and preparing reports to inform senior leaders on global live entertainment trends and innovations, focusing particularly on worldwide markets with nascent/fast-growing live entertainment markets
Basic Qualifications:We’re looking for…
- Proven interest in media & entertainment; specific interest/experience in theatre is a plus
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong Excel (quantitative analysis/modeling) and presentation making skills (PowerPoint, Keynote)
- Pre-MBA work experience ideally in roles involving cross-departmental projects and multiple stakeholder-management
Required EducationCompletion of 1st year of a current MBA program at the start of the internship
Additional Information:Program Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May/June through August/September
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Position is in New York, NY.
- Must be enrolled in an MBA program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program
- Must include a cover letter with your resume
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.