Streaming Media Operations ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 877709BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Hulu’s Content Operations team is seeking a Manager, Streaming Media Operations who will be an exceptional addition to our Content Operations team. As a Manager, Streaming Media Operations at Hulu, you will lead the Streaming Media Operations team, which is tasked with maintaining the quality of experience of Hulu's Live TV product through the monitoring and management of schedule and video signals, including driving incident management for any issues that arise. This position works closely alongside leaders from Operations, Engineering, and Product in improving the overall health of the Live TV product and back-end services.
The right person for this role is an outstanding people manager, with experience leading teams and a track record as an effective communicator up and down the leadership chain. They will have broad knowledge of live programming, particularly sports, and possess excellent technical skills, particularly in the OTT/streaming video space. If you are a team-builder, driven to elevate team performance through empowerment, and love pushing the edge of innovation, then Hulu might be the place for you.
- Lead a 24/7/365 staff charged with monitoring and maintaining Hulu’s Live TV service
- Drive planning around key events to ensure smooth setup and execution
- Ensure quality reporting for channel / signals health data to key stakeholders
- Lead and improve Incident and Problem Management process – establish relationships with internal and external resources to achieve lasting improvement
- Ensure content distribution rights compliance against contractual obligations and partner communications, via audits and/or manual implementation
- Serve as senior technical contact for Live TV issues (signals, rights management, and general questions)
- “Roll your sleeves up” to assist with daily operational duties, ad hoc projects, monitoring, etc.
- Work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed, given the nature of live event schedules
- 2+ years of experience managing a 24/7/365 team in an OTT/streaming or tech environment
- Superb organization and communication skills, motivated by accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven record as a team-builder that develops workflows and relationships in pursuit of continuous improvement to process and efficiency
- Strong sports programming familiarity to facilitate quick, informed decisions
- (blackouts, extensions, metadata, etc.)
- A high degree of technical knowledge to understand the end-to-end pipeline and enable clear communication with teams
- Experience with ticketing systems (ServiceNow, JIRA) and monitoring tools (DataDog, Kibana, BigPanda)
- Knowledge of incident and risk management controls and processes
- Knowledge of broadcast industry signal flows and technology
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methods
Additional Information:Can sit in Santa Monica, CA; Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; New York City, NY
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.