Studio Ops TechnicianApply NowApply Later Job ID 7087134620220509 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Aug. 11, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Disney Media Entertainment Distribution business is seeking an ABC News Studio Technician for our ABC News Digital platform. The Studio Technician will work closely with show producers and the control room crew to ensure the quality of all live and taped shows by providing coverage for the Tech Manager, Audio Op, and/or Director as needed.
- Collaboration with Producers and Crew to create and organize production elements which include live shots, graphics, video elements.
- Coordinate and communicate with remote locations to ensure technical quality and readiness for air.
- Operational knowledge in directing and programing in an automated environment.
- Operational knowledge on building switcher effects and automation templates to enhance/support production needs
- Operational knowledge of audio consoles and creating multiple discrete mix-minus feeds
- Support editorial & production staff on use of control room equipment.
Basic Qualifications :
- Candidates must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and exhibit a thorough understanding of automated technology and traditional broadcast technology.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment.
- Must have experience with video production, control room automation, audio consoles, intercoms, and digital media.
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal and management skills and excellent communication. A jack of all trades with a strong leadership presence.
- Must have extensive experience within a broadcast environment.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Minimum of 5 years’ of studio experience directing live Broadcast/Cable television
- Strong understanding of Audio/Video Routing and signal flow
- Willingness to work non-traditional work hours (overnights, early mornings, weekends)
- Must have in-depth technical knowledge of News Room Automation & Newsroom systems (iNews and Ross OverDrive preferred)
- Knowledge of Calrec Audio Consoles preferred
Required Education :
- High School diploma required
Preferred Education :
- College degree preferred
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.