Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Summer 2020, Front-End InternApply Now Apply Later Job ID 747502BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Feb. 12, 2020
Responsibilities:• Work with developers and designers to implement fan-facing pages as well as internal tools.
• Debug issues and address performance bottlenecks.
• Collaborate with content strategists and UX designers to plan upcoming features.
• Experience building React components.
• Solid understanding of CSS, including modern features such as CSS grid, flexbox and transforms.
• Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS.
• Bonus points for candidates with skills in automated testing tools such as Mocha or Jasmine
• Personal drive, strong communication skills, and self-discipline round out the ideal candidate.
Applicants are expected to submit examples of front-end work in the form of a portfolio site, GitHub profile or prior work experience. Online tutorial projects within your Github account will not be counted towards these requirements.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
This internship is located in New York, NY. All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.