Support Operations Manager
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 782737BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 27, 2021
Job Summary:The Support Operations Manager will manage a staff of 10 to 20 people covering a 24/7 environment and is the primary point of contact for Tier 1 IT support. This team monitors the network, manages unexpected issues and leads triage efforts, plans changes in the environment, and coordinates access and configuration requests for all production platforms including remote deployments that require tracking and remediation.
- Define/refine the service level agreements for the support staff
- Create/refine service catalog for the team
- Set standards for interacting with end users to provide a consistent experience
- Ensure support staff opens/closes tickets and responds to users/clients promptly
- Create and update knowledge library troubleshooting documentation for production systems
- Define/refine communications templates for communications with end users and ensure support staff are communicating consistently
- Define/refine communications templates for change notifications for both end users and technology operations
- Interface between technical and operations teams to understand the impact of changes to the workflow so that they can be planned appropriately
- Facilitate change management process including working with production and technology teams to find appropriate maintenance windows as well as working with the technology teams to ensure change management requirements are met
- Send out communications for any changes or work for both planned and unplanned changes
- Coach and mentor team
- Experience working on and managing a support team
- Excellent process management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Data-driven leader who has used incident, request and change management systems
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Must be able to travel into the NY/NJ Metro locations when needed
- Familiarity with ServiceNow, OpsGenie, and/or Solarwinds or other monitoring tools
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.