SVP – Talent Strategy & DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 764249BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Aug. 06, 2020
SVP, Talent Strategy & Development
The Senior Vice President, Talent Strategy and Development partners with leaders to build and strengthen our talent pipeline across all ABC News programs and platforms and will align company-wide and ABC News initiatives to meet business objectives. This role also collaborates with Human Resources and Integrated Content Strategy to attract, develop and retain a workforce that mirrors our global audiences.
The successful candidate will possess a broad understanding of the news and information landscape. Incumbent must also demonstrate the ability to apply creative sensibility to content, marketing and distribution in support of our efforts to grow reach and revenue as we build a sustainable business model poised to exploit the rapid evolution in the industry.
- Develops workforce strategies, programs and practices to build and strengthen the talent pipeline and increase diverse representation across all shows and platforms within ABC News
- Advises individual Programs and Platforms on action plans for on-air and editorial talent strategies
- Directs assessment of talent needs and recommends appropriate talent for a broad range of on-air network activities
- Hires, advances, and places all anchors, correspondents, and contributors for network program and global bureaus
- Responsible for on-air selection
- Coordinates logistical arrangements for shows, promotions, and events
- Executes ABC News strategic planning for current and next generation of talent
- Attends major industry events and screenings to identify emerging new talent
- Develops talent and succession strategies for on-air and editorial talent
- Attracts and maintains exceptional relationships with the most prominent and desired on-air talent to create a competitive advantage
- Ensures that contracted talent has the best possible experience with the company/network to engender loyalty and support
- Provides development opportunities and identify career paths for desired talent
- Partners w/HR and Integrated Content Strategy on integrated talent management initiatives to attract and retain a diverse workforce and deliver learning opportunities that deepen News expertise
- Directs the development and maintenance of talent database and performance metrics that support ABC News objectives
- In partnership with Business Affairs, ensures compliance with talent contract terms and maintains high-level relationships with talent, agents and production companies
- Demonstrated ability to lead a talent development team, driving strategy for on air and off air talent, preferably within a news and creative environment
- Proven ability to develop and execute initiatives that require broad-based buy-in for success
- Broad understanding of network news, digital and nonfiction businesses
- Strong understanding of the creative process and ability to apply creative sensibility to content
- Ability to influence and work through others in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong external / industry network of multicultural resources to leverage in educating team and advancing work
- Proven ability to bring new and innovative approaches to established community outreach efforts across the range of news platforms
- Experience leading campaigns or business development strategies for diverse demographics
Preferred Qualifications:Fluent in Spanish and other languages a plus
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.