Already applied?View Dashboard
Technical CopywriterApply Now Apply Later Job ID 694454BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 13, 2019
We’re looking for a writer who can take complex ideas and make them clear and expressive; and do so across digital products and platforms. This role calls for someone with an exceptional appetite for technical information and an ability to bring it to life as straightforward, engaging copy.
The ideal candidate has a passion for sports and entertainment with experience in product design, UX, and marketing. Responsibilities will include translating technical information into consumer-facing copy and marketing campaigns, all while maintaining brand consistency. This role will develop content for internal and external purposes—product descriptions, instruction manuals, frequently asked question pages, and presentations.
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio or links to your published work.
- Ensure brand voice come across in product and marketing messaging
- Collaborate with marketing, creative, product, and engineering teams
- Use audience data and consumer feedback to optimize messaging
- Revise messaging as the product and brand evolves
- Research and institute industry best practices
- Determine user needs and how to best communicate
- Prepare and publish articles that describe our company and products
- Edit and fact-check pieces of content generated by colleagues
- Use SEO practices to optimize campaign copy and increase visibility
- Leverage data to identify strategic messaging per audience segments
- Liaise with Designers to enrich text with visual aids, like images and charts
- Shape language and tone used in product descriptions, instructional literature
- 2+ years of technical copywriter experience
- Natural at taking complex ideas and making them clear and engaging
- Quick-thinking, strategic, scrappy and collaborative
- Excellent writer with excellent grammar and editing skills
- An ability to write creative copy both for large pieces of content (e.g. product descriptions) and smaller texts (e.g. social media posts)
- Hands on and conceptual—an ability to brainstorm and execute
- BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.