Technical Manager, The View (ABC News)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 780833BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television, ABC News Date posted Mar. 30, 2021
This position oversees all aspects of technical production, including post-production and digital.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize and meet show needs, instruct and provide production team with strategic technical support while working in a fast-paced environment.
This position is responsible for managing and scheduling studio and control room staff.
Must have a comprehensive understanding of broadcast production and signal flow.
Must be familiar with the latest broadcast and digital equipment and technologies and be able to assist the production staff with new technologies.
- Manage and schedule technical crew and control room needs.
- Work with technical crew and studio maintenance team to troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade studio equipment and workflows
- Collaborate with show director and producers to establish look of live shots and studio events.
- Coordinate and communicate with remote locations to ensure technical quality and readiness for air.
- Assigning, establishing and coordinating IFB and PL lines for remote locations.
- Supporting editorial & production staff on use of broadcast and digital technology, including editing, graphics, streaming, etc.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of all technical issues, along with providing detailed resolutions.
- Communicate with production staff and colleagues clearly and efficiently
- Remain informed on industry trends and new technology developments.
- Minimum five (5) years of live studio operations and related broadcast experience.
- Experience with live remote field operations
- Strong broadcast engineering experience.
- Proficiency in iNews is preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment.
- Knowledge of News Room Automation
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Preferred EducationBachelor of Science/Arts degree in Communications, broadcast production, Engineering or related field preferred.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.