Technical Product Manager – Media Engineering
New York, New York, United States; Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 781511BR Location New York, New York, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 08, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.
The Technical Product Manager, on the Media Engineering – Production Software Engineering team, is responsible for delivering media engineering software to support Disney broadcast, digital production and media-supply chain production and operations. The role owns the inception, creation and maintenance of all business requirements that accurately define the customer’s business need, enabling the development team to create a quality solution.
The Product Manager will be responsible for defining, managing, and delivering one or more strategic linear and/or non-linear workflow products to support Disney Media Production and Network Operations business community. This will be accomplished through business process review, strategic product analysis, feature definition, prioritization & product release planning for custom software development and/or external vendor partnerships.
- Partner and collaborate with the television and advanced TV business to accurately document all relevant processes, and translate the information into graphical and textual representations for the technology team
- Participate in the functional certification of all system components to ensure accuracy and adherence to the business requirements documentation
- Effectively communicate highly complex information with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization while building strong relationships
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive product strategy in alignment with overall Media Engineering strategies
- Engage, analyze, document and present complex business workflows and translate into product roadmaps to drive priority
- Leverage technical knowledge and work closely with engineering teams to produce efficient and robust solutions to complex challenges – mainly in agile software
- All other duties as required to drive business objectives
- At least 5 years of previous relevant experience
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Ability to show formal Product Management training and/or certification with a strong knowledge of the agile software development methodology and related software
- Previous experience working within complex, dynamic, and cross functional teams while prioritizing the needs of each. Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and building strong and effective partnerships
- Previous experience working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, utilizing excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of workflow orchestration, business process management, data integration concepts, as well as cloud, microservice and/or service-oriented architectures
- Experience with linear or non-linear/VOD network traffic and media-supply chain environments that facilitate content playout/distribution.
- Product management experience building distributed systems with microservices and/or service-oriented architectures
- A consistent record of successfully working with engineers, designers, legal and operational teams, communicating effectively both horizontally and vertically
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.