Technical Product ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724133BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
- 5 years of experience creating strategic product roadmap(s) from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience driving the product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile Methodologies
- Working knowledge of and experience utilizing JIRA
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, or Marketing.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Previous Software Engineering experience
- Understand markets, competition, and user requirements in depth.
- Conduct user research and interviews to understand user needs and the workflows that drive the satisfaction of both End Users and the Customer Service agents that service them.
- Work with the Technology and Customer Service teams to ensure on-time development of new features.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, marketing, UX, etc. on cutting edge technologies.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions
- Assist the customer service team with the development of product support and training materials.
- Conduct extensive discovery using both qualitative and quantitative research methods, including user interviews, journey mapping, and data analysis
- Develop an unparalleled understanding of the problem and opportunity areas
- Develop the product strategy and maintain the roadmap, validating and prioritizing the opportunities and features that will provide the highest impact for the organization
- Distill the strategy into functional requirements and drive product development in collaboration with Engineering and Design, acting as the domain expert and voice of the user
- Create, measure, and monitor metrics to ensure that we are always heading in the right direction
- Communicate and present ideas and updates to senior stakeholders across the business
- Love tackling complex problems in ambiguous environments and have the drive and creativity to get to a great solution
- Have a demonstrated ability to develop exceptional user experiences that have had successful commercial outcomes
- Have the ability to both think big picture and deep-dive into the details when necessary
- Are empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- Have a strong appreciation for what makes a great user experience, and how that translates into success for the business
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.