Sr. Technical Project Manager, Design EngineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 899168BR Location New York, New York, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 20, 2022
Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Project Manager to join our Technical Program Management team. You’ll be responsible for managing the software engineering team(s) developing a framework library for client applications to leverage components such as buttons, badges and forms, in addition to system wide UI customizations required for internationalization and accessibility within our applications. You'll coordinate discussions with Product and Design teams on new features being proposed, to collaborate in designing and building the foundational elements of our design system. You will help ensure our teams are aligned with the product roadmap and deliver best-in-class consumer applications for all of our products.
- You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges
- You promote team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication
- You build strong relationships with partnered engineering teams
- You display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward
- You are able to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing multiple work streams in a deadline driven environment
- You are constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of managing stakeholders in multiple disciplines across several global offices
- You are willing to support your fellow colleagues to successfully complete projects on time.
- Drive execution and delivery of multiple high-profile product or software development projects from start to finish and/or of managing the work of one to two midsize to large engineering teams and/or delivery of technical programs from start to finish
- Responsible for developing a roadmap for the team and keeping it in line with the priorities defined by product
- Facilitate and solidify project processes by creating, managing, and updating documentation
- Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
- Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
- Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences
- Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
- Work with backend and service teams to establish the needs of your team, continually communicate risks to all stakeholders, and facilitate discussions to help remove blockers
- 5+ years experience as a Project Manager managing large scale projects
- Experience working with teams of software developers who adopt modern DevOps practices
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and workflow for the system/domain of the team(s) and identify potential impacts to components of those systems based on requirements.
- Experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
- Knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Additional Information:Amazing Benefits
- Competitive salary with potential yearly bonus and Long-Term Incentives
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick days
- 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits and much more
- Disney Perks: Parks passes, discounts on Disney resorts and merchandise
- Employees have the opportunity to give back to their local community through Disney's VoluntEARS program that promotes Diversity & Inclusion
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.