Technical Project Manager - Media Delivery (Live media, VOD)
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763445BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 29, 2020
Job Summary:The Media Delivery team at Disney Streaming Services is responsible for the entire video supply chain including acquisition, encoding, quality control and delivery. We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our team and help with lifecycle planning, requirements tracking and project management for our Live media, VOD ingest and QC operations teams.
As Technical Project Manager, Media Delivery, you will be responsible for assisting the Media Delivery department track upcoming media milestones, report on supply chain status, and assist with day to day scrum workflows. You will ensure that any risks are communicated to fellow TPMs and senior management, advise on process improvements to improve team efficiency, and contribute to the creation of reporting tools and maintenance of documentation. You will be a strong communicator and work closely with both the Media Delivery team and other members of the Disney content supply chain.
- Collaborate with DSS and other media teams on workflow, timelines and requirements per project, keeping each team accountable for their deliverables. Remove roadblocks for interdependent teams.
- Maintain and contribute to day-to-day organizational process (JIRA).
- Create and maintain project plans and status report for upcoming launches and/or content milestones.
- Communicate project risks to senior management.
- Create data-driven reports that analyze operational efficiency and capacity.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of team documentation.
- Minimum of 3+ years of Technical Project Management experience
- Solid experience with JIRA (preferred) or other project management tool
- Strong work ethic and curiosity to learn
- Excellent organizational skills; must be able to track large scale projects and keep teams updated on status.
- Good understanding of Google Sheets/Excel and how to present and manipulate data
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate information effectively
- Good understanding of risk management
- Good problem solving skills
- Must be able to field questions
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and stakeholders at once
- Must be able to pivot project plans quickly to meet the changing needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with video or the media industry, such as working on projects in the media field or with the development and support of streaming video
- Experience in advanced data manipulation with Sheets/Excel
- Experience in advanced JIRA functionality (designing workflows and other customizations)
- B.S./B.A. in Technology, Communications, Media or other related field, or equivalent TPM experience.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.