Already applied?View Dashboard
Technical Project Manager, MultimediaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 514683BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Media Networks Brand BAMTECH Media Date posted 02/15/2018
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
BAMTECH's mission is to give consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time, or location. By driving technological innovations, BAMTECH aspires to become the leading distributor of direct-to-consumer live entertainment and the premier provider of video streaming solutions globally. It successfully designs, develops, and delivers direct-to-consumer streaming services for a growing roster of sports, news, and entertainment partners including the NHL, MLB, PGA TOUR, WWE Network, and Riot Games/League of Legends.
Multimedia Development builds modern scalable distributed systems for processing media that is core to our platform and consumer facing products. If you enjoy building great software products and using them, we are interested in hearing from you.
- Develop, maintain and effectively execute software development iterations throughout the life of project(s).
- Plan and own internal and external project communications, ensuring effective, regular, exchange of project status and deliverables.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts.
- Works with project stakeholders to define scope and objectives, communicating requirements to development teams.
- Act as voice of engineering workstream amongst internal and third-party groups.
- Continue to improve project management process, communication protocols, and operational procedures related to effective, on-time and on-budget software delivery.
- Work closely with internal business, product and client management teams to effectively communicate technical goals, advancements and risks.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating a strong understanding of software development and infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience as a project manager, of which at least 2 was in an agile environment (software engineering experience is ideal).
- You have demonstrable experience defining and refining process.
- In depth knowledge and practical experience with the software development life cycle.
- You're practical and personable, with a succinct communication style.
- Ability to function as a liaison business and engineering teams.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects of moderate to high technical complexity.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, 24x7 availability environment.
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.