Technical Project Manager
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 740469BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 28, 2020
Job Summary:As a Technical Project Manager in Developer Productivity Engineering, you will refine our processes, prioritize features with stakeholders, and coordinate product development. Based in our New York City apply analytical methods of project evaluation, leveraging metrics to visualize and guide the project lifecycle. You should bring a passion for coaching, collaboration, and team building to help reshape and optimize process and product delivery.
- Lead agile ceremonies for two teams of 4-6 engineers
- Communicate and resolve blockers to progress
- Foster cross-team coordination, including requirements discovery and change control
- Identify, maintain, and visualize metrics to guide the project lifecycle
- Engage with our large group of stakeholders
- Drive continuous team and process improvement
- Promote a collaborative environment that develops agreeableness, trust, experimentation, creativity and innovation
- Lead and contribute to the decision-making process and facilitate conflict resolution
- Identify, communicate & handle dependencies, risks, & mitigation plans
- BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating a strong understanding of software development
- Experience as a project manager, of which at least 2 was in an agile environment
- Working understanding of AWS and cloud based development and a desire to know more
- Deep rooted passion and proven track record building motivated and collaborative teams
- Ability to follow highly technical discussions and absorb technical documentation
- Prior experience managing agile practices for a distributed team
- Experience with establishing product management / software release cycles
- Success implementing the communication and collaboration practices central to DevOps
- Experience as a system administrator
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.