Technical Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 856590BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
The Developer Platform Engineering (DPE) department is a horizontal services team providing both tools and guidance across the Disney Streaming organization for operations in AWS. DPE strives to act as a productivity multiplier for applications teams, working closely with them to drive their adoption of AWS services and offering a “cloud-native” perspective on application architecture, infrastructure, and deployment strategies.
The teams within DPE operate within a hybrid delivery framework using principles from Agile and Kanban, we provide our TPM’s with the freedom to define delivery methods based on the teams and services they are working on.
A Technical Project Manager in Developer Platform Engineering reports to the DPE PMO while partnering with the engineering manager; our TPMs play a critical role in structuring and executing impactful cross-org initiatives. You will have the opportunity to refine our processes around delivery while building a sense of community and engagement within our talented group of engineers. TPMs within DPE have a high degree of technical literacy and a desire to learn more, both within their teams’ product space and across the Developer Platform Engineering department.
Based in our New York City office, you should bring a passion for coaching, collaboration, and team building to help evolve and optimize process and product delivery.
You will also:
- Enhance team throughput by removing roadblocks and leveraging organizational resources while helping to drive teams towards commitments
- Foster cross-team coordination and communication
- Enhance stakeholder relationships, understanding and dialogue.
- Assist with estimation and planning of team resourcing, in conjunction with engineering team manager
- Identify, maintain, and visualize metrics to guide the project lifecycle
- Lead agile ceremonies for two teams of 4-6 engineers
- Develop fundamental technical understanding of the tools and services vended by your team, allowing you to represent the products to our stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience managing technical projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, developing and executing project plans and delivery commitments.
- Deep rooted passion and proven track record building motivated and collaborative teams
- Detail oriented and excellent communication skills; ability to follow technical discussions and absorb technical documentation
- Experience working with distributed teams and/or distributed organizations
- Working understanding of AWS and cloud based development and a desire to know more
- Exposure to modern DevOps and SRE practices around CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Availability, etc
- Experience as a software engineer or system administrator
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.